What You Are Required to Do in Ramadan
- Publish date:25/02/2019
- Section:About Ramadan
Allah has made Saum (Fasting) obligatory for us as a way to worship Him.
For our fast to be acceptable to Allah and beneficial to us our behavior during the fasting period (as most other times) should be as follows:
1. Guard the Salat; abandoning it is an act of disbelief. So, perform them on time and, for men, they should be performed at the Mosque.
2 Be well-mannered at all times.
3. Do not use foul language; do not shout.
4. Do give up smoking!
5. Do not over eat!
6. Do not waste your time watching TV
7. Do not stay up so late at night that you are not able to wake up for Sahur or Salat-ul-Fajr. Be prepare to assume your regular duties of early morning.
8. Increase spending in charity, visit relatives and the needy.
9. Increase you remembrance of Allah, the Almighty, and especially reading of the Holy Quran, attend lectures at the Mosque, and practice I’tikaf the last ten days.
10. Read about fasting.
11. Be mindful of the fast of Ramadan and encourage your children to fast as they are able.
12. Beware of breaking the fast of Ramadan without excuse. Breaking the fast is impudence to Allah, and disrespect for Islam.
13. Perform Umra (minor pilgrimage) if you can because the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam, said: “Umah during Ramadan is equal to Hajj (Pilgrimage) or said: “Equal to the performance of Hajj with me)”